travel photography account, reach bad or normal?

mco191

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi,

got a travel photography account, my own photos ( as high quality as possible ). 31.8k followers. but my reach is only 6k on average, some 12k and very few 30k reach.
if i dont use hashtags my reach is 3000.

is this normal? or something wrong with my account? anything i can do?

grew it naturally + fanpages + some giveaways

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
Giveaways will hurt you. Fanpages (depending on what kind) can also hurt you. There's a good chance a majority of your followers are dead or they're following 5,000+ people and they never showed legitimate interest in your page (due to giveaways) and Instagram will hide your stuff unless you go viral.

Continue to use hashtags. Continue to post. Experiment with post timing and anything you can do to maximize your reach.

How many story views do you get?

Reactions: mco191

mco191

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2018
Story views between 180 -500 ( sometimes when more interesting 500-800 ... but rarely.)

Would you say it would be beneficial for my account to cull inactive followers via jarvee ?

mco191

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2018
Giveaways will hurt you. Fanpages (depending on what kind) can also hurt you. There's a good chance a majority of your followers are dead or they're following 5,000+ people and they never showed legitimate interest in your page (due to giveaways) and Instagram will hide your stuff unless you go viral.

Continue to use hashtags. Continue to post. Experiment with post timing and anything you can do to maximize your reach.

How many story views do you get?
or should i just leave them and try to gain more followers via the mentioned ways+ hyper targeted fanpages?