JOURNEY SMM Growth & Management Agency - Road to £5K+ Per Month

themusic_2017

Instagram Legend
Frequent Contributor
Jul 13, 2017
Hi All!

I've been running my IG agency now since July 7th 2017 (to be precise : ) ) and felt it was the right time to share my journey so far and moving forward! : )

Back Story

I never originally set out to become an IG agency it kind of happened out of growing my own personal insta musician account using automation via the original Influx site. After singing up to Influx v2 and becoming part of this amazing forum I discovered MP was still available and couldn't believe it!

As I began growing my own personal musician account and a couple of friends and family accounts and it started to dawn on me that this could actually start generating some income.

First Steps

I've always been a creative person and enjoyed building websites and creating graphics so started with creating a website and corresponding emails making It all looks professional and also tried and separate myself from the maaaany insta growth sites that exist online.

I put together 3 different packages: Growth, Growth+ and Full Management. My Growth package is the base package, Growth+ also includes Target Account Research and Hashtag Research, Full Management is self explanatory! I also decided that pricing would vary depending on the customer.

Now I had the face (website) and the foundation (MP) of the agency in place the next step would be to get cusomers, I thought that would be the easy part .... oh how wrong I was! haha

Getting Clients

My first 3 clients where people I knew, I charged them a small fee of £20PM which I thought was fair considering my outgoings for MP, VPS, Proxies etc.. this also helped give me some experience on managing the growth on accounts apart from mine and also how to communicate the process and expectations etc... my next step was acquiring clients that would pay £40PM.

My first "official" client was a Cafe/Bistro set in a lovely location on a seafront which I visited regularly. I had become friendly with the owner and when he told me that he was going to be expanding his current business and premises (basically doubling the size) I jumped at the opportunity and pitched my Insta services and my Growth package (£40) explaining how instagram is a powerful tool to get customers, he was a little skeptical so I offered a 5 day trial and within that time he received 3 venue hire bookings and was sold!

I realised that he wasn't posting regularly enough and his iPhone photography skills weren't great, so I also offered to do some posts for him and take some pictures as a bonus. I only did this as I figured that I was having a coffee there at least once a week so it really wasn't a big deal for me to offer that, but for him it was massive added value to what I was already providing as he was only paying for the Growth Package. He signed up on September 12th 2017 and is still a customer today! His business now only uses my Insta service as there main form of marketing and i now eat/drink there for free : )

I've always found getting clients face to face or through recommendations has worked best for me. I've only managed to sign up 1 client through DM's and none through cold email's.

In the first year I only managed to get around 8 clients, but within the first few months of the second year I'm up to 20 clients and I would put this down to the snowball effect due to recommendations.

Onwards and upwards:emoji_rocket:

I think it's important to set goals when you have a business so you can plan the road ahead, and as the title states my first main goal is to hit £1k monthly.

I'm over half way there and I'm hopeing with the wave of recommendations that seem to be coming in, i'll be able to update this thread when I get new clients and income.

Any questions let me know! ; )

----

**UPDATED**
Current Income PM: £1695 > New Target: £5K PM

Last edited:

WoWInsta

Instagram Legend
Oct 7, 2018
Dubai
market-area.com
That's amazing, actually, now I am planning with my friend also to do same, and it has more about web development but as main Insta service, what do you use for Proxy? does it affect the work when u manage different type of accounts?

Also regarding MP how it still works?!

Reactions: themusic_2017

themusic_2017

Instagram Legend
Frequent Contributor
Jul 13, 2017
That's amazing, actually, now I am planning with my friend also to do same, and it has more about web development but as main Insta service, what do you use for Proxy? does it affect the work when u manage different type of accounts?

Also regarding MP how it still works?!

Thanks!

I create my own VPS proxies, @FollowPlanner did a great tutorial post Here.

No, the proxies don't effect the different type of accounts the only issue you will have with a proxy is if it's in a different country to the account you are trying to log into, this will trigger verification requests and I feel this isn't good for first impressions to a client so always try and get or create a proxy in the closest city to your client, at the very least same country.

Yes MP lives! : ) ... If you're interested contact @rtribe13 ;)

WoWInsta

Instagram Legend
Oct 7, 2018
Dubai
market-area.com
Thanks!

I create my own VPS proxies, @FollowPlanner did a great tutorial post Here.

No, the proxies don't affect the different type of accounts the only issue you will have with a proxy is if it's in a different country to the account you are trying to log into, this will trigger verification requests and I feel this isn't good for first impressions to a client so always try and get or create a proxy in the closest city to your client, at the very least same country.

Yes MP lives! : ) ... If you're interested contact @rtribe13 ;)

I was thinking also about the proxies, the issue in our place there is no single service give proxy service also the VPS or clouds system here with their price I can order around 10 to 13 VPS from providers like hetzener/digital ocean 0.0 so this is why am afraid
for PV is there each account and owner he does his own SIM, so my concern about the Proxy

for example, In Dubai, the account owner but the proxy was from German or France as the nearest providers do this make an issue?

themusic_2017

Instagram Legend
Frequent Contributor
Jul 13, 2017
I was thinking also about the proxies, the issue in our place there is no single service give proxy service also the VPS or clouds system here with their price I can order around 10 to 13 VPS from providers like hetzener/digital ocean 0.0 so this is why am afraid
for PV is there each account and owner he does his own SIM, so my concern about the Proxy

for example, In Dubai, the account owner but the proxy was from German or France as the nearest providers do this make an issue?

Yes, if the person lives in Dubai and the proxy is in Germany then you will have login issues and will have to verify initially, if you really have to do it that way the customer can send you the codes to get through.

Reactions: WoWInsta

WoWInsta

Instagram Legend
Oct 7, 2018
Dubai
market-area.com
Yes, if the person lives in Dubai and the proxy is in Germany then you will have login issues and will have to verify initially, if you really have to do it that way the customer can send you the codes to get through.
no issue about that because in my panel i will give them the Proxy my self >> as free with the service and they will log in and code will come to their phone and they enter it, the main point there will be no issue from Instagram and block their accounts.

Nocturnae

Instagram Legend
Apr 12, 2017
Belgium
Generally, if the quality of the proxy is good you'll only be met with a PV/EV when connecting them to the automation tool. After that, I pause them for 12-24h and then gradually start actions. As long as you keep within limits, and their content isn't offensive against the ToS you should be relatively fine.

themusic_2017

Instagram Legend
Frequent Contributor
Jul 13, 2017
**UPDATE**

So it's been a couple of months and i'm now approaching my target of £1KPM!

I recently landed my first high paying customer (£250PM) this month, which has really given me more confidence to acquire more of the same. I decided to stream line the clients I approach to businesses and have tailored my new pricing, packages and marketing to accompany that. I've also scrapped full managemnt as an option as I want to be able to scale the business from anywhere in the world! : )

I have 2 new clients starting in the Jan 2019 and 1 consultation booked in as well, so all in all looking up!

Last edited:

themusic_2017

Instagram Legend
Frequent Contributor
Jul 13, 2017
**UPDATE**

OK so, knowing you worth pays off! just secured another high paying client at $300PM! I've now hit my target of £1K a month so I've changed the thread title to 'SMM Growth & Management Agency - Road to £5K+ Per Month'.

You may or may not of noticed that i also changed the name from IG to SMM, this is because I've also added additional services to my agency. I will reveal more as I refine what i'm offering.

Paulie06

Dec 9, 2017
**UPDATE**

OK so, knowing you worth pays off! just secured another high paying client at $300PM! I've now hit my target of £1K a month so I've changed the thread title to 'SMM Growth & Management Agency - Road to £5K+ Per Month'.

You may or may not of noticed that i also changed the name from IG to SMM, this is because I've also added additional services to my agency. I will reveal more as I refine what i'm offering.
Keep up the good work and never give up! You got this. Wish you all the best ;)

lukec2000

Jul 30, 2018
What a great journey mate. This is something I'm interested in myself.

One thing I wanted to ask, when you're offering this for local businesses, for example, that coffee shop. How did you increase the following of that page relevant to the area/niche? All my accounts are broad niches so curious how it works for such a little one.

Also whilst you're managing the account for them I guess you tell them not to log into it?

Last edited: