Questions on Growing a Personal Account

Lieu10ant

Dec 9, 2016
Some information is going to be censored due to discretion. First off, let me tell you my end-goal, and my current situation:

End Goal:
My account is [CENSOR] on Instagram. It's a personal account. I'm wanting to become a "Public Figure/Social Media Influencer". I guess some relevant/similar accounts would be: @tailopez @garyvee @grantcardone @mannykhoshbin - That is the ultimate end-goal. To be a global business name/brand/influencer for companies.

Current Situation:
I currently run business, and am decently successful I guess you could say at my age (relative to the masses at my age) So I already have a decent amount of influence with the people I personally know outside of social media.

But in terms of instagram situation: I am currently using Instagress for my like/comments/follow/unfollow - set to 15 comments/hour, and 60 likes per hour, and 40 follow's per hour. I've narrowed it down to a VERY TARGETED audience, having Instagress like/follow the "commenters" and "likers" or Instagram (the most active users). If you look at my socialblade account: http://socialblade.com/instagram/user/[CENSOR]/monthly you can see I have some ups and some downs. Also, I have instagress follow around 5k or 6k people, and then I unfollow, you can see that on the socialblade graph at the bottom. (you will also notice I stopped posting for 2 weeks).

All my content is original. I am posting once a day right now. I am doing 1 Telegram round per day at 3pm eastern. Total, with all the 'like groups', there are roughly 400-500 participants in the round groups, that like my picture when I post (to attempt it to go viral). And I manually like the 400-500 pics back within the hour as well (while Instagress is paused). So if you look, my engagement is "pretty good". But, in reality, 400 of those likes are from the rounds (taking into consideration the leechers in the rounds that don't like back for whatever reason)

------------------

Now that we're on the same page, here are some questions:

Should I change the name of my account to my name? My only thoughts are, people always message me saying "cool IG handle" and people always comment on it. It's memorable. The other issue is, my name is relatively hard to pronounce/say. It's not a common name, which I think would deter people from following back on first instinct, or even clicking their notification with my name on it. I think it might be much more effective with them clicking their notification feed with my existing IG handle: "[CENSOR] liked your photo." as the notification. Marketing is all about perception, all about the little things that matter. Of course, when people follow me, or are within my influence on social media, my name wouldn't matter. It will become a brand, so in the long-term, it's no problem. They will just deal with it, and it will be normal, like "mannykhoshbin" or "garyvaynerchuk" or something. So my question is, do you think I should leave my handle what it is, or change it? OR would you suggest to build my foundation to a decent size with this current name, and then change it to my name when it gets to a higher amount? In the mean time, I can tag/watermark my pictures with my name, to plant the seed in their heads months ahead of time. What do you think?

What do you suggest I use to make a website? wordpress? I already have a word-press. I guess I can update that, and get my own url, so it doesn't say .wordpress on the link?

On Instagress, I was targeting a lot of small names, and some big names as well. I was correct in deleting these names, right? Because as you mentioned in your eBook, they might have a lot of fake followers: danbilzerian, millionaire_mentor, thebillionairesclub, richkidsofinstagram, oceansky

You were mentioning that you were following 750 people per day manually. How were you doing this? Sadly, I only know the greyhat way, using Instagress. How do I find people to like/follow? What are the steps behind it? Is it this: Click on a competitors account > find their latest photo > find someones comment > click on THEIR NAME and add/like their pics?, then move on to my competitors NEXT photo? Is that how it's done? If so, then I can take care of this myself. I just don't quite understand how the bot targets people.

My other question is, how do I know which people to UNFOLLOW (after a few days)? Will they be at the bottom of my "following" list? So, pretty much, just work my way upwards on that list? And it's in chronological order? Is that how the following list is set up? Crowdfire stopped working yesterday because of Instagram's new API - I didn't really use it much anyways.

My account is over a year old (a friend told me to make it, so I just did. But I never used it, or cared for it, or even knew how it worked) - Up until 3 months ago I started looking heavily into Instagram. I've "warmed" my account up a long time ago, so I believe it's prime and ready. I'm maxing out Instagress settings at what I wrote prior. Right now, I do 1,400 likes per day (throughout 20 hours scheduled on Instagress) and I do around 500 likes in an hour MANUALLY during Telegram rounds. So basically, I am doing 1,900 likes per day. In your eBook you were mentioning doing 1,200 likes per day manually as a limit. Can you go into detail on this?

As for following: I'm currently following around 750 people each day using Instagress bot. If I do manual, can I do a bit more? Or should I stay at 750 if doing it manually?

As for commenting, Instagress is doing around 350/day (around 20 hours), and I'm manually doing around each day manually while I'm posting/doing rounds at 3pm eastern. (The Bot is paused for 2 hours during rounds). Can you give more detail on what I should be doing for commenting? Or should I even be commenting at all? OR should I only be commenting on my EXISTING followers, to bring up engagement? What do you think?

- Keep in mind, from what you were writing in your eBook, I think I'm going to do the liking/commenting/following manually - Unless you could give me a suggestion on what to do?

I believe it's a really good idea to comment / like my existing followers pictures - I never really thought of that before. But that will obviously drive my engagement up. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. What percentage do you suggest I like/comment on my CURRENT followers, and what percentage of likes/comments on POTENTIAL followers?

Also, in your eBook, how come you never once mentioned engagement groups? There are some MASSIVE accounts in the engagement groups on telegram. There are even 50k+ engagement groups. There are people with 10M+ network in these groups. How come you completely avoided this topic? Do you have any information on these? The groups make sense in terms of what they do.

Towards the end of your eBook, you were mentioning VPN's and Proxy's. Is there a way you can add me on FB messenger or something so you can quickly walk me through setting this up? It would be extremely helpful.

The last, and MAIN question is. Can you please look at each pic of my account I sent in PM, and see what else I can do to improve the pics, content, style, etc, anything of my page? What do I need to change (if anything) to improve my account? What could I be doing wrong? If you were to guide me specifically, what would I need to change to brand myself in the long run?

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
1. If you are happy with your username, then stay with it. I think there's nothing wrong your transition plan if you do later decide to change it. On the other hand, If I wanted to become an icon on Instagram, I would definitely use my own name. So, I think a transition of some kind would be a smart plan.

2. Buy a hosting plan (https://www.ipage.com/join/index.bml?AffID=855631) Buying through this affiliate links really helps us out. I would recommend iPage, they're great. Then, when you have hosting, you can upload a copy of wordpress (or install on the hosting panel) and then you will officially have a wordpress website at your own domain name.

3. Yes, you are correct. The best luck I've had was following smaller niche accounts with a more specific following. A lot of people following larger account names might not always be interested in smaller account names. You're better off following the "medium" account names.

4. You almost have it. I followed 750 manually over many-many hours before I switched to automation. Go to your target account, go to a picture, find a commentor, follow and like, go to another commentor, follow and like, repeat.

5. Unfollowing can be done with numerous apps. You can also have 2 following days, a day break, and then 2 unfollowing days so you give everyone time to follow you back.

6. Do as many as you can until Instagram temporarily blocks you, honestly. Most people won't have the time to follow 750 in a day, but if you can, go for it.

7. Cool down a bit on the commenting. 350 a day is excessive. Kind of suprised you aren't banned yet. I always stuck to around 50-60, and a lot of that was comments on my newsfeed. I interacted with everyone - makes accounts likable!

8. MassPlanner has a feature that allows you to follow and like a picture from an account, which is similar to the 1-2 punch. That wasn't available back when I did everything manually. If I had to choose, I'd do MassPlanner of manual - but at around 30-50k I would switch back to manual. Buy MassPlanner here and support us. (http://www.massplanner.com/?ap_id=gramous)

9. I stuck to commenting on my own feed, and doing the 1-2 punch on potential followers.

10. Engagement groups are definitely a newer invention to Instagram that I never used. They will be included in a future update. I'm impartial to them. Like you said, it's essentially like buying fake likes/followers... and it takes time to do the rounds. Time=Money. There's an upside to it, posts could definitely go viral, but you have to weigh that out. If you are enjoying moderate success with engagement groups, then continue doing it - otherwise, I'd just skip it.

11. If you have multiple accounts, you need to worry about proxies. Proxies simulate a virtual network location so Instagram doesn't see one man running 30+ accounts. If Instagram saw this, it would look fishy. Instead, proxies give Instagram the impression that 1 account per wireless network. So using proxies are safer if you have multiple accounts (especially if you're automating - you can legally have about 5 accounts if you are doing it all manually). VPS is only needed if you are using FollowLiker and you can't keep your computer online all day.

12. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think you should probably change your username to your real name. I see your username, and I think it's a niche account. Find a way to transition to your real name, and I think you'll be better off (if your real name is hard to pronounce, change it. A lot of people in the entertainment industry are using fake names - it's something to think about... or at least go with a nickname). Also, if you want to become a social media influencer, I would highly suggest you create other social media outlets. Link up a Youtube page in your bio and maybe talk about your life with people. People should be really interested in seeing that! People like people who are genuine, and people like people who can do cool stuff. Think of viral, clickbait-y content that you could produce that could generate buzz.

Thanks!

IGKing

Lieu10ant

Dec 9, 2016
Thanks for your answer. All points noted. And I will definitely cut down on comments then :lol: :lol:

A few more:

Based on my settings from what I told you prior, you were mentioning I can do 750 follows per day (If I have the time). My question is, can I also do unfollows the same day as well? If yes, am I able to do another 750 UNFOLLOWS the same day? So, in essence, I'm doing 1,500 follow/unfollow actions TOTAL per day. I'm thinking the answer is no, right?

Or would I be doing:

day1: follow 750
day2: follow 750
day3: unfollow 750
day4: unfollow 750.

My only thought is, if I keep the follows and unfollows on SEPARATE days, then I would essentially only have 15 days of "following". How can that net me 15,000 followers in 30 days?

Let's say out of the 750, only 500 follow me back, that'll be 500 x 15 = 7,500 new followers.

In the eBook, you were showing the example of following 400 AND unfollowing 400 all in the same day. Is that safe? And if so, can we go higher than 400/400 per day with an established account?

Also, a few more things to note, you mentioned in the beginning, you would unfollow 7,500 in 4-5 days. That's unfollowing around 1,800 per day. Is that safe?

What do you think would be the best method to maximize this, efficiently?

------

I know my questions are scattered all over the place, but I appreciate you hitting each point separately in my previous post. That answer was perfect. I'm looking forward for the next one!

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
Ratio cycles are all over the place. It totally depends on your preference and what works best for you.

I've worked with people who choose to do 7500 follows, and then 7500 unfollows. When doing grey hat automation, I've switched to about 500 follows, and 500 unfollows in the same day. With the new Instagram limits, I wouldn't advise going over 1,000 follow/unfollow actions within the same day. Back when I used FollowLiker heavily, I would wait about 2-3 days before I started unfollowing people. I think there is a similar feature in MassPlanner if you decide to do this with automation. My best results have always been following and unfollowing about the same amount of people a day (just make sure the people you are unfollowing have given enough time to follow you back, and then doing the 1-2 punch.

Manual: Do whatever you can handle. Instagram won't ban you if you are doing excessive manual tasks - they'll only temporarily block you from doing these tasks.
Automation: Don't exceed over 1,000 per day. Experiment with the ratios - see what works best for you. Make sure you do some type of the 1-2 punch to get the best results.

Lieu10ant

Dec 9, 2016
I think I figured out what I'm going to do.

I'm going to manually 1-2 punch people the whole day (up to 500-600 people)

and then I'm gonna use Instagress to unfollow people each night from 2am-8am. at 40 unfollows/hour.

Just going to keep that cycle going.

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
That sounds like a good idea to me! Just make sure the people whom you are unfollowing have enough time to follow you back.