JOURNEY Need help with travel/nature personal Instagram account

mco191

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I need some help.
I have grown a personal Instagram account with travel/nature/wildlife photos ( my own ) to 21.4k followers.... and my engagement rate sucks!

What did I do?
I grew my account from 0-2000 with follow/unfollow ... then my account got banned. I got it back.
I am not sure why it was banned..I was worried it was because of follow/unfollow but think it was because I put my blog link in my bios and Instagram recognized it mistakenly as spam.
From 2000-12000 I grew the account with the fanpage method.
From 12000 - 21.4k I grew it with targeted giveaways with only accounts similar to mine.

I can't afford to continue fanpages and the results ( engagement ) was not great overall.
My engagement rate at the moment is someone between 2-3%

What would you do in my current situation. Should I eliminate the bad audience by blocking inactive followers with jarvee? Or should I just keep them, for social proof, and
span my account back into follow/ unfollow in Jarvee?
Is it risky to use follow/unfollow in jarvee in the current situation? It would run as a sole account on a raw mobile proxy.

Should I invest time and money into fanpages?

I tried hashtags/ engagement groups, but with the current saturation of Instagram I don't see any results.

Would really appreciate your advice!

Could send you my account name per DM if you would like to have a look!

overlord207

Aug 29, 2019
What is the reach of your post? If you have good reach but low engagement, especially from home, then maybe it's the content?

And what is fan page method?

mco191

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2018
fanpage ( child account method )....many pages promoting your main page.
I can't see my reach as I don't want to swap to a business account as I am worried that would further limit my reach :/

overlord207

Aug 29, 2019
Oh yeah - sorry for some reason didn't link child account to fanpage. Yeah that is expensive way to do it.

There's been a few posts here and at BHW about business/creator account - I don't think it reduces reach, but nobody can confirm.
I have a 1k account that can get reach 5k+ per post, depends on the content and hashtags though. Generally my reach is around 100%-200% of the accounts followers on that account. Engagement is around 25%-30%.

But my point is the analytics helps sometimes because you can see the difference between hashtags, time you post, tags, etc.