JOURNEY [JOURNEY] Personal Branding to 10K until the end of this year

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Hello,

So I decided to become a doer, as you guys always say. :)
My wife and me decided to open her very own instagram account. We also have 37,5K instagram account that will be our source of followers for now.

Day 1 ~
Followers: 165
Follows: 300
One photo posted: 120 likes
Reach unavailable
Engagement: 50%+

Day 2 ~
Followers: 244
Following: 700
Two photo posted: each got around 170 likes
Impressions: 1167 from the latest photo

Day 3 ~
Followers: 308
Following: 1099
Three photo posted: two photo got 180+ likes, latest photo got 120 likes
Impressions: 981 from the latest photo

Day 4 (still half day to go)
Followers: 388
Following: 1426
Four photo posted: each got 100+ likes, two first photo got 200 likes
Data from insight:
Profile visit 1566
Website clicks 16
775 account reached
Impressions 7544

Looking forward for more data from today until the end of the journey.
Mostly doing 1-2 punch, but for now we are looking for local followers.

Thanks guys, this board inspired us so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yutaman

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Update Days 6:

Followers: 643
Following: 1979

3008 profile visits
1489 reach
19084 impressions

Not the best, but since mainly we focus on local followers (aka same city IG users), the growth might be not as fast as possible, but still good nevertheless.

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Update Day 7:

Followers: 748
Following 2396

3228 profile visits
1969 reach
39604 impressions

Quite an improvement in reach and impressions, but the followback is quite slow.

Yutaman

Jul 9, 2019
Hey there. I really appreciate the information you are giving with your journey. With the ways things are looking, you'll be at 10k in no time! However I am curious about your follow rate/1-2 punch ratios. I've been following around 100 people a day for a few days and have liked/commented with the 1-2 punch. This put an action block on my account for a few days, so how is it that you're able to follow close to 500 a day on top of likes and comments? I heard that Instagram put a limit to 6000 actions per month? Thanks in advance and I wish you the best!

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Hey there. I really appreciate the information you are giving with your journey. With the ways things are looking, you'll be at 10k in no time! However I am curious about your follow rate/1-2 punch ratios. I've been following around 100 people a day for a few days and have liked/commented with the 1-2 punch. This put an action block on my account for a few days, so how is it that you're able to follow close to 500 a day on top of likes and comments? I heard that Instagram put a limit to 6000 actions per month? Thanks in advance and I wish you the best!

Hey, thanks for replying in my journey!

About 10k, I hope so too. I hope I can reach 1K by this Thursday / Friday at best. Doable but will be very difficult!

Regarding 1-2 punch ratios, however, it was not giving me a really good rate so far. As you can see, I have followed 2000+ people and just 700+ people responded. But it maybe due to these:

1. Currently I focus on local market, that makes me a little bit slower in getting followback from them.
2. Due to fairly small market (my city is around 800K people), it proved difficult to find public account.
3. Since the new account is my wife account, she decided to just 1-2 punch female audiences. It makes the market become even smaller.

About the limit, I don't think I never stumbled upon those limit. My rule is that if you are doing it inside the apps itself (aka manual), IG will be more lenient toward you. Also, this account is fairly old. I made this account like 2 or 3 years ago, and let it rot before I decided to rebrand it as my wife account. It might help too!

Yutaman

Jul 9, 2019
Hey, thanks for replying in my journey!

About 10k, I hope so too. I hope I can reach 1K by this Thursday / Friday at best. Doable but will be very difficult!

Regarding 1-2 punch ratios, however, it was not giving me a really good rate so far. As you can see, I have followed 2000+ people and just 700+ people responded. But it maybe due to these:

1. Currently I focus on local market, that makes me a little bit slower in getting followback from them.
2. Due to fairly small market (my city is around 800K people), it proved difficult to find public account.
3. Since the new account is my wife account, she decided to just 1-2 punch female audiences. It makes the market become even smaller.

About the limit, I don't think I never stumbled upon those limit. My rule is that if you are doing it inside the apps itself (aka manual), IG will be more lenient toward you. Also, this account is fairly old. I made this account like 2 or 3 years ago, and let it rot before I decided to rebrand it as my wife account. It might help too!

Thanks for the quick response. I find it strange that Instagram had put an action block on me the last couple of days. Upon further research I had found I was not the only one with this issue, and I believe Instagram has been faulty as of recent. My account is a year old, so I had a hard time believing I would be blocked. I have not done anything too far out of the norm. All my actions have been manual, however they have been done through the web browser instead. With that being said, I think I need to ease on actions just for my own safety. Losing my account would be a nightmare for me. I firmly believe with how things are going that you can reach 1k by the end of the week. Good luck!

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the quick response. I find it strange that Instagram had put an action block on me the last couple of days. Upon further research I had found I was not the only one with this issue, and I believe Instagram has been faulty as of recent. My account is a year old, so I had a hard time believing I would be blocked. I have not done anything too far out of the norm. All my actions have been manual, however they have been done through the web browser instead. With that being said, I think I need to ease on actions just for my own safety. Losing my account would be a nightmare for me. I firmly believe with how things are going that you can reach 1k by the end of the week. Good luck!

I have done some instagram pods via web browser. I got blocked only on the browser but not on the apps. My understanding is that IG knows which device we are using, and using web browser is heavily limited because we can create bots do to things in browser but not in the apps, CMIIW.

Good luck to you too!

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Update Day 8:

Followers: 858
Following: 2160

Profile visits: 3432
Reach: 2246
Impressions: 42998

It was a really busy day yesterday to do 1-2 punch and managed to get 100+ followers at the end of the day.
Yesterday reach was also quite good, reach 1k for the very first time.

Improved number of impression also quite good. But today I am gonna be quite busy and will not do 1-2 punch as much as yesterday!

Attachments

• day 8.jpg
    day 8.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 7

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
Update Day 9:

Followers: 977
Following: 2034

Profile visits: 3421
Reach: 2405
Impressions: 45064

It was a good day in my opinion! Not really doing 1-2 punch (compared to yesterday), but managed to get similar number of growth in followers, reach, and impressions. However profile visits is slightly lower!

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-25_06-35-58.jpg
    photo_2019-07-25_06-35-58.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 9