Is this What child accounts do?

linalin

Jun 2, 2019
Nigeria
I’ve been getting a lot of these in my message requests:
Screenshot_20210303-084928_Instagram.jpg

I’m female and my account is private. This had me wondering about the Mother/Child method and how they manage to get followers doing this cause it annoys the bejeezus out of me.

And this doesn’t seem to be a good way to grow a legit account. Am I missing something?

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
Mass DMs, I'm assuming. It's taken off recently.

I don't think it's related to the mother child method directly (perhaps indirectly) but a lot of people are using this method to grow their main account.

Reactions: linalin

linalin

Jun 2, 2019
Nigeria
And it works??? , I'd think these sort of method would simply annoy people( it sure irks me)

And if you visit r/Instagram or r/socialmedia it's one of the trending topics, mostly questions on how to prevent it.
Jeepers

IG Pro

Elite Member
Oct 4, 2019
Czech Republic
There are many variations of these Mass DM services. Therefore, the quality & pricing varies from provider to provider.

Some of the DM variations,
  1. DM's to convert link clicks
  2. DM's to convert followers
  3. DM's to bring awareness (to a product, event, or anything else)
  4. And so on

The most common DM's sent are numbers 1 & 2.

N.1 Strategy - The end goal
The end goal with this strategy/method is to send as many DMs & links to CPA/AFF. offers. Some of these senders don't give a fuck it these messages will stay inboxed for just a few days or months. If you didn't open the DM within the first few days, you are less likely to open it later anyway. Therefore, it's easier & cost-efficient to use accounts that won't last long.

When it comes to Mass DMs & gaining followers from them, it's a bit different.

Pages that send those messages should be looking a bit more natural (like a real person) to increase the conversation rate & trust. Since, you are spending ''a lot of time'' creating Instagram pages that look real, you don't want to get them banned within a few days. So, you are more careful with the limits, proxies, etc. Also, the text should be more appealing to the targeted audience (nothing like ''Hey, could you please check out this page & give it a follow? It would make my day, thanks'').

Long story short, when it comes to Mass DM that will generate targeted followers, you want it to be as perfect as possible.

So,
  1. The main/mother IG page must be well optimized for the targeted audience
  2. Child accounts must look legit
  3. The DM text should provide value to the receiver, so it creates trust & sparks interest in the mother IG page

A great Mass DM provider will reduce all kinds of unwanted DMs or comments to as little as possible. Thankfully, there are many solutions to make it as hardest as possible for the trolls to bother the client's page. So the mother page won't lose any trustworthiness.
This is what differentiates a great Mass DM provider from the bad one.

Either way, no matter what you are going to do, there are always some trolls, hateful comments/DMs that will get mad cause your child accounts send them DM inviting them to check out your mother page.

I always explain to my clients that there are ~1,3B active monthly users on Instagrams (IMO 35%+ are bots, but that is for another conversation). Therefore, it doesn't really matter when a few people get mad at them for making their business grow. Usually, those crazy people have low self-esteem and nothing better to do anyway. The best part is that they will forget about the DM within a few days and move on (plus, you can always block them).

The mother Instagram page is 100% safe, and there is no way to get it banned with this strategy/method. At least from my experience and many other Mass DM providers.

So, yeah! It's an amazing and incredibly fast growth strategy, 100% safe for the client's account.

PS: The picture you've posted above is the low-quality Mass DMs group strategy. Usually, senders put in the DM links.

linalin

Jun 2, 2019
Nigeria
Ah I see...
I understand your point.
I'm not speaking as a marketer for this; rather as a personal user, and to be honest I have reported main accounts using child accounts to do this, so have my less tech savvy friends. This is my worry for a clients account, especially a business one.

My issue is it goes to the message requests, which for me is like answering a message from your spam inbox.

But I do not know much about the better quality types as I've never encountered any but the low hanging fruit as you can see from my screenshot.

I think I'd rather stick with the Mother/Child method for now, until I see more traction from good DM services.

Thank you for taking the time to explain

Reactions: IG Pro

IG Pro

Elite Member
Oct 4, 2019
Czech Republic
Honestly, it doesn't matter if you've reported these pages or not - I do it myself from time to time (mainly for testing purposes).

The only way to get the main account banned is via Mass report (where hundreds if not thousands of bots/accounts keep reporting the targeted page). The chance that any of the trolls would invest their time, money & have the knowledge to ban someone's page is pretty much 0%.

It really depends on the structure of the DM how people will behave/engage with it. If it's a well-written DM script that provides value/free stuff, then you have nothing to worry about.

Even if the mother page would get banned (which will never happen - till Instagram starts cracking down on the DM method - which god knows when it will be), you can unban it within a few days, with as little as $100.

The reason why I prefer the Mass DM method over M/C is the speed. You can gain pretty much any desired number of followers within a few hours to days. Plus, it doesn't leave any child accounts behind with the same name - so people don't get distracted (when searching for the mother account) and follow only the right profile.

But I get your point. M/C is a many years-tested method that still works (even though Mass DM has been here for a few years as well, only now it seem to be more popular than before). However, M/C is getting more & more expensive, and I hate when some random page (child/mother - doesn't matter) follows/likes/comment/etc. on my posts.
On the other hand, the benefit of the M/C strategy is that it doesn't leave any big spikes on the growth charts (some people seem to care about that quite a lot).

When it comes to clients and dealing with these troll messages, it's great to educate them before the growth - that something like this can/will most likely happen...

So, yeah. It depends on what you prefer, with what method you have a more positive experience. In the end, it doesn't matter if it will be this or that method. The end goal is always the same, gain followers and make money.

Reactions: linalin

linalin

Jun 2, 2019
Nigeria
Honestly, it doesn't matter if you've reported these pages or not - I do it myself from time to time (mainly for testing purposes).

The only way to get the main account banned is via Mass report (where hundreds if not thousands of bots/accounts keep reporting the targeted page). The chance that any of the trolls would invest their time, money & have the knowledge to ban someone's page is pretty much 0%.

It really depends on the structure of the DM how people will behave/engage with it. If it's a well-written DM script that provides value/free stuff, then you have nothing to worry about.

Even if the mother page would get banned (which will never happen - till Instagram starts cracking down on the DM method - which god knows when it will be), you can unban it within a few days, with as little as $100.

The reason why I prefer the Mass DM method over M/C is the speed. You can gain pretty much any desired number of followers within a few hours to days. Plus, it doesn't leave any child accounts behind with the same name - so people don't get distracted (when searching for the mother account) and follow only the right profile.

But I get your point. M/C is a many years-tested method that still works (even though Mass DM has been here for a few years as well, only now it seem to be more popular than before). However, M/C is getting more & more expensive, and I hate when some random page (child/mother - doesn't matter) follows/likes/comment/etc. on my posts.
On the other hand, the benefit of the M/C strategy is that it doesn't leave any big spikes on the growth charts (some people seem to care about that quite a lot).

When it comes to clients and dealing with these troll messages, it's great to educate them before the growth - that something like this can/will most likely happen...

So, yeah. It depends on what you prefer, with what method you have a more positive experience. In the end, it doesn't matter if it will be this or that method. The end goal is always the same, gain followers and make money.
Ah! I see your point. I've gotten over my wariness and studying it more myself.

I noticed you mentioned unbanning with as little as $100, is it guaranteed? I've been looking for a reliable one to resell the service .

Reactions: IG Pro

IG Pro

Elite Member
Oct 4, 2019
Czech Republic
Unbanning Instagram accounts is never guaranteed (if it goes through the usual appeal process).

I'm providing IG unbanning service myself. I have trained workers that appeal Instagram accounts every single day (basically, you are outsourcing the work to us). Here is a thread of mine regarding the service: https://boards.ascendviral.com/thre...am-accounts-dont-give-up-your-hard-work.4304/

If you can bring a decent number of clients each month, we can negotiate special pricing where it's valuable for both parties.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
IG PRO