JOURNEY Graphic Design Journey to 10k

88kyokotsu

Sep 18, 2019
Decided to start documenting the growth of one of my new pages.

Started my account on Feb 8th with 0 followers, and I'm currently at 734 followers as I write this. I've been doing everything completely manually (kinda, I'll get into that below :emoji_wink:).

I've been attempting to post once a day, but some days I get lazy and don't get time to make new artwork, but at the minimum I try to at least a couple stories with a quick 'wallpaper' I threw together.

I'm gaining around 45 followers per day doing manual follow / unfollow with 1-2 punch targeting related account's likers, I aim to follow around ~200 accounts per day.

Today I decided to start working a bit smarter though. I wrote a script to scrape lists of likers and commenters and filter them to accounts to the following parameters:

Not already following me (duh)
Followers between 35-1300 people
Following between 75-1350 people
No more than a 7:10 follower ratio
3 or more posts, with at least one post in the last 4 months
only english bio / captions (some non-english accounts do slip through)

Once I have all the accounts I generate a list of instagram deeplinks for the accounts in my notes with a checklist, then scroll through and follow them all. Easily cut my daily time following accounts down from probably an 1.5hrs+ per day to ~30 min! Video of the workflow

I'd to hear any recommendations, especially on the parameters I use to filter the accounts with! If anyone else is interested in scraping followers in the same way let me know and I can help :emoji_slight_smile: I know there is tools out there for automated accounts, but I didn't really find anything like this that works for manually growing accounts.

hadde50

Sep 13, 2017
If you have the spare time, do something original, like once a week do a giveaway of an edited photo, for example do a touchup on someones photo. Peter McKinnon does something like this but on YouTube. Link
Just a thought if you want to grow faster.

Reactions: BananaSand

88kyokotsu

Sep 18, 2019
update:
currently at 1078 followers. I haven’t been staying up to date with my post schedule or follow/unfollow schedules due to everything happening around covid19, But still not horrible growth for my first month and a bit.

Reactions: IGsuccess

nellement

Feb 26, 2019
Hey buddy is it possible to send me info about how do you scrape users, thanks heaps in advance

Reactions: Ray.b

88kyokotsu

Sep 18, 2019
Hey buddy is it possible to send me info about how do you scrape users, thanks heaps in advance
I use a modified version of InstaLoader to scrape a list of likers from recent posts by accounts in my niche. From there I use langdetect to figure out the language of the accounts, and filter them by their number of posts, followers, following, ratio, and language.

Reactions: BananaSand

nellement

Feb 26, 2019
For some reason it downloads also posts from target account, can it only scrape followers list?

machhinegan

Mar 10, 2020
Malaysia
Decided to start documenting the growth of one of my new pages.

Started my account on Feb 8th with 0 followers, and I'm currently at 734 followers as I write this. I've been doing everything completely manually (kinda, I'll get into that below :emoji_wink:).

I've been attempting to post once a day, but some days I get lazy and don't get time to make new artwork, but at the minimum I try to at least a couple stories with a quick 'wallpaper' I threw together.

I'm gaining around 45 followers per day doing manual follow / unfollow with 1-2 punch targeting related account's likers, I aim to follow around ~200 accounts per day.

Today I decided to start working a bit smarter though. I wrote a script to scrape lists of likers and commenters and filter them to accounts to the following parameters:

Not already following me (duh)
Followers between 35-1300 people
Following between 75-1350 people
No more than a 7:10 follower ratio
3 or more posts, with at least one post in the last 4 months
only english bio / captions (some non-english accounts do slip through)

Once I have all the accounts I generate a list of instagram deeplinks for the accounts in my notes with a checklist, then scroll through and follow them all. Easily cut my daily time following accounts down from probably an 1.5hrs+ per day to ~30 min! Video of the workflow

I'd to hear any recommendations, especially on the parameters I use to filter the accounts with! If anyone else is interested in scraping followers in the same way let me know and I can help :emoji_slight_smile: I know there is tools out there for automated accounts, but I didn't really find anything like this that works for manually growing accounts.
WOW, You did very well. Can I know your IG name? I want to take a sample to learn. :p
That means you run 200 follow in 30 minutes?

88kyokotsu

Sep 18, 2019
For sure, it’s @blkcamo. I’ve been studying & writing so i kinda stopped after that month of running it . But I plan to start again after I’m done them.