JOURNEY Foodie journey to 10k... then its eyes on 50k... (now at 246K+)

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
A very quick update for you:

Stats as of today:
Followers: 107914
Reach: 975189
Impressions: 1876252
7 day profile visits 26348

A quick update here, A bit down on general stats. Reach was up to 1.5mil and impressions over 2.5mil so I'm quite the way from this right now.

Business wise, our content has caught the eye of a lot vendors in the trade. We will be running up to 8 IG accounts now.

I'm still interested in building a fan network to point UK users to my account but I'm just not getting the time to look in to this more! I do want that boost it can give and also target followers from here in the UK..

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
Just a stat update today:

all stats up on previous.

Stats as of today:
Followers: 114559
Reach: 2392561
Impressions: 3859822
7 day profile visits 33273

Reactions: adrianleoh

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
Quick stat update:

Following is up. Reach and impressions have taken a fall.

Stats as of today:
Followers: 125635
Reach: 1768132
Impressions: 3218780
7 day profile visits 27948

I really want to start dialling in on creating a bigger UK following, I'd like to swing my percentages to increase say another 10% UK following.

Again for those that ask, I do not use any form automation.

Have a great day.

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
hello BGEH, some questions...

1. Do you write detailed captions on your posts for each food that you try? For example you are eating at XX Bistro in West London, then you will tell your review, the price, bistro location, etc in your caption? Or you simply put simple captions like "Hey, juicy burger!" ?
2. I see you are from London, do majority of your followers coming from London / UK in general or from worldwide audiences?
3. When you are doing 1-2 punch, do you specifically targetting UK / London people or general people from worldwide?

Thanks,
SS

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
hello BGEH, some questions...

1. Do you write detailed captions on your posts for each food that you try? For example you are eating at XX Bistro in West London, then you will tell your review, the price, bistro location, etc in your caption? Or you simply put simple captions like "Hey, juicy burger!" ?
2. I see you are from London, do majority of your followers coming from London / UK in general or from worldwide audiences?
3. When you are doing 1-2 punch, do you specifically targetting UK / London people or general people from worldwide?

Thanks,
SS

Hi To answer your questions:
1. We do not review food, purely create content thats beneficial to the vendor/restaurant.
2. We have a split demographic.
3. We don't do 1-2 punch, tried it for a couple of weeks when we started but it was to time consuming.

Reactions: randyman

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
Stats update:

Stats as of today:
Followers: 131547
Reach: 2402623
Impressions: 4122375
7 day profile visits 25612

We seem to be getting a lot of foreign engagement right now. Not unhappy about this but this is lowering our percentages of UK audience, so need to somehow target genuine UK audience asap.

randyman

Nov 7, 2017
1. We do not review food, purely create content thats beneficial to the vendor/restaurant.
3. We don't do 1-2 punch, tried it for a couple of weeks when we started but it was to time consuming.

thanks for answering! So you are using long or short caption? any hashtag?

more question... so your 131k account is for specific restaurant or your personal account?

your reach and impression is impressive!

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
thanks for answering! So you are using long or short caption? any hashtag?

more question... so your 131k account is for specific restaurant or your personal account?

your reach and impression is impressive!

What defines a long caption? We put in a couple of sentences i would say they are not short but I'd say they are not long either.

Its just our food account, its not for any specific restaurant we visit a lot of restaurants.

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
Just a stats update:

Stats as of today:
Followers: 137354
Reach: 2937493
Impressions: 5274967
7 day profile visits 31979

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
So I have seen some big jumps this week, I don't think they are sustainable but I'll try to keep posting amazing content!!

I had a couple of post go viral in past few weeks, one is almost on 95k likes and the other 80K likes.

I am having issue in my mind about where the engagement maybe coming from. I seem to have a lot of middle eastern/european audience right now liking and commenting. They also do not seem the best quality accounts, some new, some following lots of accounts others with no profile picture. The rare few are genuine and great at engaging on our content. Although I don't mind I really need to be working on building my account with as much UK following as possible. The country demographic has slipped from 15% UK to 13% UK on my profile. This means my new followers are mainly from other counties.

I'm desperate to get my UK following up. But it can not be through automated methods, I'm still interested in the fan account method.

stats update:

Stats as of today:
Followers: 154185
Reach: 5904055
Impressions: 11605734
7 day profile visits 62986

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
stats update only:

Stats as of today:
Followers: 166099
Reach: 4374399
Impressions: 7762327
7 day profile visits 53277

michandney

Jul 17, 2019

How have you been gaining without 1-2 punch? I've read the entire thread, a massive congratulations on your success - it's quite a feat, however besides your posts being of high quality and power likes, how did you gain? I feel like I've missed something.

BGEH

Elite Member
Jun 1, 2017
England
How have you been gaining without 1-2 punch? I've read the entire thread, a massive congratulations on your success - it's quite a feat, however besides your posts being of high quality and power likes, how did you gain? I feel like I've missed something.

I have been really active on the app! if there is a feature, I use it! If its clickable, I click it! If I come across a highly active account in my niche, I interact with it! :)