JOURNEY Becoming an Influencer in the Men's Fashion Niche

Yutaman

Jul 9, 2019
Hey everyone! :emoji_smiley:

Some Background:

As of one week ago I had decided to post on a year old Instagram account to become an "influencer" in men's fashion. Fashion has been a pretty big hobby of mine for quite a while, and I had decided that since it's something I am passionate about, why not create an Instagram around it? It would really be one of my dreams to be able to be sponsored by a large brand. My friends and family think I am wasting my time doing this, so I really want to prove that I can do something with this plan, even though I know it'll be rough, especially to start. On top of this, my motivation was pushed even further after finding out someone from my local area (small) had just made a large deal with a very popular brand.

Current State of Account:

Since I started from 0 at the beginning of the week, of course it has been hard for me to get a ton of engagement on my profile. Currently, I have 5 posts, all ranging at ~50 likes, and I have gained 70 followers. Currently I am following over 500 people, and have been 1-2 punching. I also have really been trying to interact with others in my niche. On top of this, I have been researching to see what hashtags similar profiles are using, and for now have been using those. Although I should be following and engaging more people than just 500, I had received a like block for a few days, which really hindered my progression, and had me worried about my account and how to proceed with engagements in the future. However on these days I was like blocked, I had found I was not the only one with the issue, and those who never like also got blocked. Again, not sure how to proceed with engagement! I am not using any automation, and I do not have other accounts (besides personal). I know that 70 followers in one week isn't a lot, but I am in a different position than others here. I can't push content multiple times a day, everyday.

My Current Growth Goals:

1 - Reach 1,000 followers
2 - Reach 5,000 followers
3 - Reach 10,000 followers
4 - Reach 50,000 followers + sponsorship/brand deal
5 - Reach 100,000 followers + sponsorships/brand deals

Questions/Concerns:

1. Should I be worried about that like block that I received? Do you think that I need to watch how much I engage with others per day?

2. What would you guys recommend for follows/likes/comments per day? I heard that Instagram has put in a 6,000 action per month limit. Is this true?

3. Am I at a big disadvantage not having an account(s) to essentially give followers to myself? Would it be wise to purchase men's fashion niche accounts to directly benefit myself?

4. I have seen people buy accounts in a certain niche and delete those posts to post themselves to have an automatic boost of followers. Would you advise against this and why?

5. Should I be using some form of automation? Or would you suggest manual only since I am taking an influencer path?

Final Thoughts:

I just want to say thank you to all who have taken the time to read this post. It really means a lot! If there are any useful tips or suggestions to help improve what I am after, they would be greatly appreciated. This is a learning experience for me, and hopefully I can make a hobby into something grand!

I will be updating this journey once a week!

Reactions: ACHRAFXX21

BananaSand

Aug 28, 2018
Hey everyone! :emoji_smiley:

Some Background:

As of one week ago I had decided to post on a year old Instagram account to become an "influencer" in men's fashion. Fashion has been a pretty big hobby of mine for quite a while, and I had decided that since it's something I am passionate about, why not create an Instagram around it? It would really be one of my dreams to be able to be sponsored by a large brand. My friends and family think I am wasting my time doing this, so I really want to prove that I can do something with this plan, even though I know it'll be rough, especially to start. On top of this, my motivation was pushed even further after finding out someone from my local area (small) had just made a large deal with a very popular brand.

Current State of Account:

Since I started from 0 at the beginning of the week, of course it has been hard for me to get a ton of engagement on my profile. Currently, I have 5 posts, all ranging at ~50 likes, and I have gained 70 followers. Currently I am following over 500 people, and have been 1-2 punching. I also have really been trying to interact with others in my niche. On top of this, I have been researching to see what hashtags similar profiles are using, and for now have been using those. Although I should be following and engaging more people than just 500, I had received a like block for a few days, which really hindered my progression, and had me worried about my account and how to proceed with engagements in the future. However on these days I was like blocked, I had found I was not the only one with the issue, and those who never like also got blocked. Again, not sure how to proceed with engagement! I am not using any automation, and I do not have other accounts (besides personal). I know that 70 followers in one week isn't a lot, but I am in a different position than others here. I can't push content multiple times a day, everyday.

My Current Growth Goals:

1 - Reach 1,000 followers
2 - Reach 5,000 followers
3 - Reach 10,000 followers
4 - Reach 50,000 followers + sponsorship/brand deal
5 - Reach 100,000 followers + sponsorships/brand deals

Questions/Concerns:

1. Should I be worried about that like block that I received? Do you think that I need to watch how much I engage with others per day?

2. What would you guys recommend for follows/likes/comments per day? I heard that Instagram has put in a 6,000 action per month limit. Is this true?

3. Am I at a big disadvantage not having an account(s) to essentially give followers to myself? Would it be wise to purchase men's fashion niche accounts to directly benefit myself?

4. I have seen people buy accounts in a certain niche and delete those posts to post themselves to have an automatic boost of followers. Would you advise against this and why?

5. Should I be using some form of automation? Or would you suggest manual only since I am taking an influencer path?

Final Thoughts:

I just want to say thank you to all who have taken the time to read this post. It really means a lot! If there are any useful tips or suggestions to help improve what I am after, they would be greatly appreciated. This is a learning experience for me, and hopefully I can make a hobby into something grand!

I will be updating this journey once a week!
did you give up?