Instagram Legend
Feb 13, 2017
Europe
w6AAA.gif
giphy.gif

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
Alright, I'm BACK!

Sorry for the lack of updates! For some reason, I don't get emails anymore when someone posts in the thread. Anyways...

-----------------

Current Followers - 113K

My business outside of Instagram is keeping me VERY occupied. Traveling 2 out of the last 3 weeks (one for business, one for myself) On top of that, I've been continuing to pump out content and starting to finally collab with others (which I was kind of against at the start.)

I'm still figuring out what my next step will be. It seems like the natural progression is to create a youtube page, which I am thinking about creating in the next week or so. I have people I have met that have 300K+ followers on IG and only have 2-6K subscribers on YouTube. It seems like a totally different beast than IG.

----------------

Since I've been MIA, please feel free to ask me any questions about my journey so far and I'll try to get them answered before I pass out tonight!

Reactions: Pov and IGKing

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
Awesome Job man :D I still cannot believe how fast you did this. Hard work pays off eyy.
By the way, you said you created an engagement group with like minded people. Can you take time to give us some pointers? I am in a hard to grow niche and want to create a successful engagement group. But a few members here did so but have not had the success they thought they would have.
How did you approach the people? What is your criteria for selecting the members? What is the group setup? Things like these. It would be really awesome if you could create something like a 'method' post for managing engagement groups as there is yet one to be posted in this group.
In any case, I wish you a smooth sailing @fitspo :p

Here's How I Created My Engagement Group

First thing I want to address is that I think engagement groups are great but it always boils down to CONTENT and VALUE. With that being said here was my experience with the engagement group I created.

How I chose the members of the group!

I looked for people in the same niche or very similar and simply DMed them and explained to them what I was doing and the potential benefit of a group. As a note, my engagement group only had six total including me. Everyone I contacted, agreed to be a participant.

At the time I had around 20K in followers, so I looked for people in that range +/- 10K followers BUT they had to have legitimate engagement (views, likes, comments, etc.) If they had 25K followers and only 300 views on a post it was an instant red flag for me.

How I managed the group

We kept it very low key. The only rules were
When someone posts; like and comment as soon as you can. We were all working professionals so instantly liking, and commenting wasn't possible, but we tried our best.
We also only did this every other week. So again it was a very chill engagement group compared to others.

Was it successful?

The members of the group varied in success (increase in followers). Another person in the group and I grew almost identically both reaching 100K within a couple of days of each other while the others grew but only 2-5K throughout the few weeks we did it.

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
Followers - 120K +

Just grinding along on this IG journey! Working on some collabs at the moment and using one of Noah's Advance Technique. I'm contacting my most influential followers and seeing if they want to collab. I started doing this a little bit before the update came out and it's very effective.

Using Social Rank is an amazing tool, and it helped me find my most popular followers. All I did was contact them and asked them for a favor, and almost every one of them were cool with it. Since they followed me first, it made asking for a favor a lot easier.

Doing some research on monetizing at the moment still not rushing it but want to get something rolling soon and build off of it while I continue to grow my account!

Reactions: Pov and IGKing

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
Closing in on 130K+ Followers but gaining followers has been real tough the last month. I'm keeping up with my posts and concentrating more on monetizing. Going to need to think outside of the box for my next month of posts.

Reactions: IGKing

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
What are ya thinking is your end year projection? 250k? 350k? Has that sunk in yet?

skilleddoll

Aug 9, 2017
Wow, reading this makes me wanna start right away. I'm in the same situation as you were in the beginning.
I've been in the fitness business for over 6 years now, finally made the decision to do a fitness competition soon.
Youre a great example of hard work and patience

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
What are ya thinking is your end year projection? 250k? 350k? Has that sunk in yet?

With the way it's going, 200K would be great.

I've talked to a couple of big players in my space both 250K+ in the niche, and their follower growth has plummeted with many since the bots got shut down and the algorithms changed. It's been tough to get consistent 1K days now even with consistent posting.

fitspo

Mar 29, 2017
Quick Update

Over 140K Followers.

Things are great even though the growth is slower. Still posting every day. Starting to gain a little momentum so going to try and keep it up.

mjjs33

May 11, 2017
congrats @fitspo ! One question for your engagement group...did you have a dm group on instagram? And did they just liked and comment spread over the day or did they do it in the first 10 minutes? :) would appreciate your help as i have my own dm group on instagram and trying to optimise it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.