2 questions about 1-2 method

Catmankobe

Jan 21, 2021
Germany
Hey,
I'm doing 1-2 since a couple of weeks and it works pretty well. I have 2 questions you hopefully can help me with:

1. Why should I target only accounts with >10% engagement rate? - I know I want to gain followers who also like my post. But even if I target accounts with as low as 2% engagement rate, I only use 1-2 punch on those followers who did like the post. So does it matter at all what the engagement rate is, because I only target people, who like the post anyway?

2. During the last weeks I got already 2 times comment-blocked for 24h. I could still follow/unfollow/like/post, just not comment. I often post a comment on one of the pics while doing 1-2 punch method to gain more attention. But since my second block I don't comment at all anymore while doing 1-2 punch because I'm afraid I get comment blocked again. Anyone knows how often I can comment safely? And is there a difference if I comment on an account I follow vs. an account I had no interaction with before / does the size of accounts play a role?

Thank you for reading!

Edit: Also I noticed a much higher follow back ratio when I targeted the followers of smaller accounts (<50k). Anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

IGKing

Author & Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2016
USA
1. Why should I target only accounts with >10% engagement rate? - I know I want to gain followers who also like my post. But even if I target accounts with as low as 2% engagement rate, I only use 1-2 punch on those followers who did like the post. So does it matter at all what the engagement rate is, because I only target people, who like the post anyway?

Typically this just helps the easiness of finding sources. The higher engagement rate typically means the longer you can pick at the likers/commentors before you find another account. It's also more likely that accounts with higher engagement numbers typically have better interactors/people who are more geniunely interested in the niche. An account with lower engagement (think a fitness account with 2k followers and 50 likes and 2 comments per post) might only be engaging with that account for personal reasons (friends and family, not necessarily invested in the fitness aspect).

2. During the last weeks I got already 2 times comment-blocked for 24h. I could still follow/unfollow/like/post, just not comment. I often post a comment on one of the pics while doing 1-2 punch method to gain more attention. But since my second block I don't comment at all anymore while doing 1-2 punch because I'm afraid I get comment blocked again. Anyone knows how often I can comment safely? And is there a difference if I comment on an account I follow vs. an account I had no interaction with before / does the size of accounts play a role?

This is just instagram being instagram. Instagram will see 100+ comments a day as spam, there's no way around it - that's typically why I don't recommend such a tactic. It takes too much time. However, doing like 30-40 comments a day can be great for your own engagement numbers - you'll likely get better engagement on your accounts this way.

Reactions: Catmankobe